Monday, November 19, 2012

Gray

This morning is cool and gray and Angus and Zeus are barking at something unseen. Kevin and I are drinking our morning coffee and gearing up to sign the lease today for the farmhouse we will be living in come December 1st.
I bought some Pumpkin Spice Coffee Mate for my coffee; Kevin is a black coffee guy. Willie the cat is sitting on Kevin's lap on the front porch and I am inside enjoying the warmth of this cozy but too small house. It's only too small because Kevin's brother will be moving in with us before long and we need another bedroom. I am looking forward to a bigger kitchen and baking, something I have never done much of and am not good at-----yet!
The new place was built in 1920 and sits on 40 acres: a cornfield/ soybean field is on the right and cows on the right and acres of woods behind the house. The fields are rented to a local farmer but Zeus and Angus will have free run of the land and we know they will be in dog heaven!
 The gray, overcast skies are making way for some much needed rain here in the Carolina's. I am thinking of making a nice chili for dinner with cornbread but its not set in stone yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment